- Using skin elements
- Use in a new project
- Use in an existing project
The skin elements are used to quickly change the visual aspect of a project without having to retouch every page and every page template.
The skin elements include three elements:
- the preset page templates: they are made of controls (mainly cells) and they define a default layout for the pages of the project.
- the skin: it is made of a standardized style sheet that can be exchanged with the one of any other skin. A skin is applied to a page, to a page template or to the entire project.
- the color palette: it is made of a set of harmonious colors whose names are standardized so that they can be interchanged. It is applied to the styles of the skin to redefine the shades.
Use in a new project
When creating a new project, the project creation wizard allows you to choose a skin and a color palette. These ones will be associated with the project and used by default in all the pages.
The skin of a project can be modified at any time in the editor. To do so:
- Open the project description: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- Select the "Skin Styles" tab.
- Choose the new skin and its color palette.
- Validate the project description window.
When creating the pages, you will be able to choose the preset page templates to use.
Use in an existing project