- Using the preset page templates
The preset page templates provide some structures of pages corresponding to a wide range of sites and they also improve the re-usability and the graphic harmony between the projects.
Several templates are supplied with WEBDEV and new templates are supplied on a regular basis with the LST
Using the preset page templates
To use a preset page template:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The creation window appears: click "Page" then "Page".
- In the window for creating a new page, choose a template in the "Use a preset template" section.
WEBDEV automatically adds two elements into the project:
- a page template that corresponds to the selected template and that uses the project skin and color palette.
- a blank page that uses the template.
- If the preset template is already used in the project, a new copy will be added. In order for several pages to be based on the same preset template, you must:
- Create a first page with the above-mentioned method in order to import the preset template into the project.
- When creating the other pages, choose the template added into the project. This template will be proposed in the "Create a blank page or a page associated with a project template" section.
- The same preset template can be added several times into a project so that it can be used with different skins or different color palettes for example.
- Once it is added to the project, the preset template can be opened in the editor and modified like any other page template. For more information, see Page templates.
- A preset page template can also be used as base template for creating another page template.