- Creating a property
- Main operations that can be performed on a property
- Deleting a property
- Renaming a property
Property of entity/association
In the MERISE methodology, the properties correspond to the characteristics of entities.
The data model editor allows you to easily create properties.
To describe a property:
- Double-click the entity or the association in which the property must be created. The description window of the properties is displayed.
- Click the first empty row in the table of properties or click
- Specify the property name, caption, type, size and notes.
- For an entity property, check "Identifier" if the property is the entity identifier.
- Validate the property description.
Main operations that can be performed on a property
To delete a property:
- Select the property to delete in the description of entity properties or association properties.
- Click . The property is automatically deleted from the entity or from the association.
To rename a property:
- Select the property to rename in the description of entity properties or association properties.
- Enter the new property name and validate the modification. The property is automatically renamed.
This page is also available for…