- Main operations that can be performed on a CDM
- Deleting a CDM
- Renaming a CDM
- Checking a CDM
- Modifying the display of a CDM
- Moving the display of a CDM
Handling a Conceptual Data Model (CDM)
The main operations that can be performed on a CDM are as follows:
Main operations that can be performed on a CDM
Deleting a CDM
To delete a CDM:
- Open the Windows explorer.
- Delete the entire CDM directory (<CDM Name>.ANA directory).
Renaming a CDM
To rename a CDM:
- Open the CDM that must be renamed in the data model editor.
- On the "Home" tab, in the "General" group, expand "Save" and select "Save as".
- Enter the new name of the CDM and validate the modification. The renamed CDM becomes the current CDM in the project.
Checking a CDM
To check a CDM:
- On the "CDM" tab, in the "Analysis" group, click "Check CDM".
- A window listing the errors and/or the warning is displayed. These errors/warnings are triggered by:
- the inconsistencies found in the CDM.
- the standard specified by the user in the "Details" tab of the CDM description ("Model information" in the context menu of the data model editor).
- To print this list, click the "Print" button.
: When generating the LDM from the CDM
, the CDM is automatically checked. If a problem occurs, a window listing the errors and/or the warnings is displayed.
- If only warnings are displayed, the generation of LDM from CDM can continue by clicking the "Close" button.
- If at least one error is displayed, the generation of LDM from CDM is stopped. The "Close" button is used to go back to the editor to correct the CDM.
Modifying the display of a CDM
A zoom factor can be specified to reduce or enlarge the display of the current CDM.
To specify a zoom factor:
- 1st method:
- On the "Display" tab, in the "Help for edit" group, choose the desired zoom factor.
- Enter the zoom factor in the status bar of the editor (bottom right).
- 2nd method:
- Press the Ctrl key.
- Modify the zoom factor with the mouse wheel while keeping the Ctrl key down.
Moving the display of a CDM
To move the display of a CDM:
- Open the CDM in the data model editor.
- Press the Alt key.
- Modify the position of the CDM while keeping both the left mouse button and the Alt key down.
This page is also available for…