- Reinitializing the print module
- iConfigure and iParameter
In french: iConfigure
Configures the printer for a print performed in WLanguage:
- by opening the configuration window. If the information is validated by the user, the changes are performed for the current application only.
- by modifying the printer used for the current print. This modification can be temporary (for the current program only) or permanent (the default printer is modified in the control panel of Windows for example).
To configure the printer when printing reports (created with the report editor), use iConfigureReport
IF iConfigure("ServerPrinter") = True THEN
// Create a 48-point Pica font
iCreateFont(1, 48, iBold + iItalic, iRoman)
// Print a text with this font
iPrint(iFont(1) + "48-pica text")
// Ends the print
Opening the standard window for configuring the print Hide the details
<Result> = iConfigure()
- True if the information typed in the dialog box was validated by the user,
- False if user cancelation.
Modifying the destination printer Hide the details
<Result> = iConfigure([<Printer name> [, <Temporary modification>]])
- True if the change of printer was performed,
- False otherwise.
<Printer name>: Optional character string
Identifies the printer to use. Its name was defined in the control panel of or in the window for print configuration.
If this name is not specified, the printer defined by default in Windows is selected.
This parameter must necessarily be specified.
The printer name is "case sensitive": you must respect the uppercase and lowercase characters in the name.
<Temporary modification>: Optional boolean
- True (by default) if the modification of the printer must be taken into account for the current program. This change will remain effective until the end of program execution (except if iReset is called).
- False if the modification of the printer must be performed in the control panel of Windows or in the window for configuring the print. The default printer is modified.
The modification of printer is always temporary. This parameter is ignored.
Reinitializing the print module
, the print module is reinitialized. Therefore, iConfigure
must be used before any other print function. Otherwise, all the operations previously performed by the print functions will be ignored (the settings performed by iParameter
If a print is in progress, iConfigure cancels this print. Therefore, iConfigure must be called before the start of print.
iConfigure and iParameter
The dialog box displayed by iConfigure
can be called from the dialog box opened by iParameter
can be used instead of iConfigure
. In this case, only the configuration window is displayed.
This page is also available for…