In french: iInitRequêteEtat
Initializes the query linked to the report (for a query with parameters). This function can be called:
- in the "Initializing" event of the report,
- before iPrintReport.
- If the report is linked to a query with no parameter, use iPrintReport.
- If the report is linked to a query (with or without parameters) that uses a specific connection (connection to a database via an OLE DB provider for example), use iInitReportQueryConnection.
- If the report is included in a composite report, iInitReportQuery must be called in the "Initializing" event of the report.
: A specific configuration is required to use this function in Linux. For more details, see Print in Linux
|If the query is created with Reports & Queries, there is no need to use iInitReportQuery to specify the query parameters. Indeed, when a report based on a query with parameters is run from Reports & Queries, a window allows you to enter the query parameters.|
iInitReportQuery(RPT_SchoolReport, "Doe", "2020")
iInitReportQuery(<Report used> [, <Parameter 1 of query> [... [, <Parameter N of query>]]])
<Report used>: Name of a report
Logical name of report to print.
<Parameter 1 of query>: Type of query parameter (optional)
First parameter of query defined as report source (if the query expects a parameter).
<Parameter N of query>: Type of query parameter (optional)
Last parameter of query defined as report source (if the query expects a parameter).
Internal Report control: report based on a query with parameters
If the report associated with an "Internal Report" control is based on a query with parameters, use iInitReportQuery to pass the parameters to the query. This function must be used in the "Before printing" event of the block containing the "Internal report" control.
Executing a query and a report based on this query
When printing a report based on a query, if the query has already been executed, it is not executed again. To force the re-execution of the query (add records, for example), simply use HExecuteQuery
Freeing the query
When printing a report based on a query initialized by iInitReportQuery
, the query is freed at the end of the report print (behavior identical to the call to HCancelDeclaration
- If some of the parameters expected by the query are not specified (value corresponding to NULL for example), the selection conditions corresponding to these parameters will be ignored.
- If the number of parameters specified in iInitReportQuery is greater than the number of parameters expected by the query, the additional parameters are ignored.
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…