- How to?
- Creating a page for managing errors
- Implementing the custom management of errors
- Operating mode
Specific page for displaying the site errors
If an error occurs in the dynamic WEBDEV site, a standard error page is displayed by default. This page informs the Web user of the error that occurred in the site.
To customize this error message, simply include the page to use to display the errors in your site.
Creating a page for managing errors
The page for managing errors is created via the page creation wizard.
To create a page for managing errors:
- Create a new page:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The creation window appears: click "Page" then "Page".
- The page creation wizard starts.
- Click the "Error pages" tab of the wizard:
- Select one of the available error pages:
- Generic error: This generic error page contains a caption and an image, and can be customized by using the skin template of your site, modifying the message, etc.
- Simple error: This simple error page contains a caption, an image and the title of the WEBDEV error. At runtime, the [%TITLE%] tag is replaced with the title of the error. This page can be customized by using the skin template of your site, by modifying the message, ...
- Detailed error: This detailed error page contains:
- an image,
- the title of the WEBDEV error. At runtime, the [%TITLE%] tag is replaced with the title of the error.
- the full error message. At runtime, the [%MSG%] tag is replaced with the title of the error.
- the system message. At runtime, the [%SYS%] tag is replaced with the title of the error.
This page can be customized by using the skin template of your site, ...
- Validate the wizard.
- Specify the name of the page to create and validate. The static page corresponding to the selected type of page is automatically created.
Implementing the custom management of errors
To specify the project page that will be used to manage the errors:
- Open the description window of the current configuration: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project configuration" group, click "Current configuration".
- In the "General" tab, select the desired error page: Remark: only the static pages of the projet are proposed.
If a page for custom management of errors was defined in the project, this page is automatically displayed if an error occurred when deploying the site.
Special case: If a customization of errors was previously implemented via the WEBDEV administrator for this site ("Management" tab of the WEBDEV administrator), this customization is not kept. However, if a custom caption was specified in the WEBDEV administrator (for a specific error for example), this caption will be displayed in the error page.