- Query: The ribbon options
HFSQL Control Center: Creating and executing a query
The HFSQL Control Center allows you to create a query based on the data files of the database currently displayed in the Control Center.
To create a query:
- In the ribbon, go to the "SQL query" group, expand "New query" and select "Blank query".
- A new tab corresponding to the new query is displayed.
- If necessary, select the database on which the query should be made and write the SQL code of the query.
- To execute the query, select "Run" in the ribbon.
Remark: You can also create a query via a wizard.
Query: The ribbon options
The query ribbon includes the following options:
The "SQL query" group includes the following options:
- New query: Creates a new query either by writing the SQL code or via the wizard.
- Open a query: Opens a query from the history, or a previously saved query.
- Save: Saves the current query.
- Close query: Closes the current query.
The "Execution" group includes the following options:
- Run: Executes the query displayed in the current tab.
New in version 28
Suggest keys: Suggests the keys to optimize the performance of the query.
- Display EXPLAIN: Displays the EXPLAIN statement of the query as an image or in XML format.
The "Transactions" group includes the following options:
- Start a transaction: Starts a transaction before executing the query. Once the transaction has started, you can validate it at any time by selecting "Validate transaction".
- Cancel transaction: Cancels the current transaction if necessary.
The "Other actions" group includes the following options:
- Queries history: gets a list of queries made from the HFSQL Control Center, whether or not they were successfully executed.
- List of SQL keywords: gets the list of keywords that can be used in SQL queries.
This page is also available for…