- Detailed characteristics of an HFSQL Classic data file
- "Description" tab
- "Properties" tab
- "Content" tab
- "Search" tab
- "Logs" tab
- "Transactions" tab
- Options proposed by the ribbon
Managing HFSQL Classic data files
Available only with this kind of connection
The HFSQL Control Center allows you to fully manage HFSQL Classic data files.
To display the characteristics of an HFSQL Classic data file:
- Open the HFSQL Control Center home window. This window is displayed:
- when starting the HFSQL Control Center.
- by expanding and by selecting "Open an HFSQL Classic file".
- The home window of the Control Center is displayed.
- the path of the HFSQL Classic data file to open,
- its password (if necessary). You have the ability to store the password.
- The HFSQL Control Center displays the content of the selected data file.
- The different tabs used to manage the characteristics of the HFSQL Classic data file.
- The ribbon proposes the different actions that can be performed on the file. The options may differ according to the selected tab.
Detailed characteristics of an HFSQL Classic data file
This tab presents the information regarding the items of the data file.
The following information is displayed:
- The item name,
- The type of the item,
- The size of the item,
- The type of key,
- Whether the item is visible in "Reports & Queries".
Additional information is displayed if necessary.
Remark: By default, items are displayed in logical order. You can use the alphabetical order if necessary via the HFSQL Control Center options:
- Expand the HFSQL Control Center menu ().
- Select "Options".
- In the window that appears, in the "Item display order" option, select "alphabetical".
The "Properties" tab displays the properties of the data file (physical name, format, protection, etc.).
This tab is used to view the different records found in the data file.
The context menu of records allows you to handle the selected record: deletion, addition, display mode of the text memos, ...
You can also:
- Delete a record: select the record and click the "Delete" button (or press the Del key).
- Modify or add a record: the input is performed in the list of records. All you have to do is position on the first empty row and enter the record information. The data file is automatically modified.
The "Search" tab is used to perform searches in the data file.
The "Search" tab is used to type the search conditions in an explicit way (QBE searches). For the desired item, simply select a condition and a value to check.
This tab is used to view the content of the logs and to perform a search in the logs.
To do so, the data file must be logged.
This tab is used to free a record or all transactions.
Options proposed by the ribbon
For the selected HFSQL Classic file, the ribbon shows the following actions:
- In the "SQL query" group:
- New query: This option is used to open a specific tab allowing you to perform a query on the current data file.
- Open a query: This option is used to open a specific tab corresponding to a query that was run beforehand.
- In the "File" group:
- Optimize and repair: This option opens the window for configuring the optimization and the repair of HFSQL files.
- Close file: This option is used to close the file and the associated tab.
This page is also available for…