In french: NetAdresseIP
Returns the IP (Internet Protocol) address of a computer.
Caution: Only the IPV4 addresses are returned. This operating mode is kept for backward compatibility with the earlier versions. To find out the IPV4 and/or IPV6 addresses, use NetListIPAddress.
: This information is available up to Android 10. From Android 11, this information is no longer available: This function returns an empty string.
// Displays the IP address of local computer
<Result> = NetIPAddress([<Computer name>] [, <Index>])
<Result>: Character string
- IP address of specified computer (in XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX format),
- Empty string ("") if the computer has less IP addresses than the desired <Index>.
<Computer name>: Optional character string
Name of the computer to use. If this parameter is not specified, the current computer will be considered.
You cannot retrieve the addresses of a computer other than the one onto which the application is run.
<Index>: Optional integer
Index of the IP address in the list of computer addresses. By default, the address returned is the first address found in the list of computer addresses. The index of the first address is set to 0.
Number of IP addresses
- In a WEBDEV site, NetIPAddress returns the IP address of the server on which the site is installed.
To find out the IP address of the Web user, you must use BrowserIPAddress.
Caution: If the Web user is behind a router, BrowserIPAddress returns the IP address of router.
- An IP address is found for each TCP/IP protocol installed on the same computer.
- To list the different IP addresses of a computer (IPV4 and/or IPV6), use NetListIPAddress.
This page is also available for…