- Defining the home page
- Defining the home in the "Project explorer" pane
- Created files corresponding to the home page
The home page is the first page of your WEBDEV site (static or in session mode). This page is always a static page.
In a site in session mode, the home page is one of the elements used to reference the site.
You have the ability to choose a static page found in your site.
WEBDEV allows you to define the home page of a site via the "Project explorer" pane.
: A home page is also proposed during the test of a static project, if no home page was defined. For more details, see Testing a project
Defining the home in the "Project explorer" pane
To define the home page of the project:
- In the "Project explorer" pane, select the page that will become the new home page. This page must be a static page of your site.
- Select "Home page" in the context menu. This option is available only if the selected page is a static page.
- The corresponding HTML page is automatically generated and the home page is defined. The icon is used to identify the home page in the "Project explorer" pane.
Created files corresponding to the home page
When a home page is defined for your static site or your site in session mode, the following files are automatically created in the <Project Name>_WEB directory as well as in each language subdirectory:
When installing a WEBDEV site, this page will be used as the first page of the site. The address for starting the site will have to start this page.