- List of available tests
- Run an automatic test
- Displaying results of tests
Handling an automatic test
When an automated test is created, this test is in "construction" by default.
Several operations can be performed on an automated test from the test manager
- Change its status (make a test available for example).
- View the status report of test.
- Modify the test code.
- Modify the test description.
You can also:
Remark: Use in Windows Vista and later: To record and replay the automatic unit tests, the UAC mechanism must be disabled.
The list of existing automated tests can be viewed in the "Tests" folder of the "Project explorer" pane.
The different scenarios are grouped according to the element whose test is run (or according to the element that started the automated test). For example, "TEST_WIN_addressinput" groups all the test scenarios run from the "WIN_addressinput" window.
Several methods can be used to run the tests, from the product used or from the test manager.
To run all tests of current window in the editor:
- Make sure the desired window is open in the window editor.
- On the "Automated tests" tab, in the "Tests" group, click "See associated tests".
- In the test manager, position on the test name and select "Start all the tests in the list" in the context menu.
To run a test from the test manager, simply select the desired test and select "Run" in the popup menu.
To run all the tests displayed in the test manager, all you have to do is select "Run all the tests found in the list" in the context menu of test manager.
To run all the project tests, go to the "Automated tests" tab, "Tests" group, expand "Run all" and select "Run all project tests".
- To enable the dynamic audit during the automated tests, go to the "Automated tests" tab, "Tests" group, expand "Run all" and select "Enable dynamic audit during automated tests". The dynamic audit will be automatically run during the automated tests and the report window for the dynamic audit will be displayed at the end of the test execution.
- The dashboard of the project allows you to quickly find out the number of tests in construction, validated, passed, ...
- The tests can be run at slow speed to see the actions performed for example: on the "Automated tests" tab, in the "Tests" group, expand "Run all" and select "Run automated tests in slow mode".
Displaying results of tests
To view the result of the automated tests on a project, go to the "Automated tests" tab, "Tests" group and click "View results". The result of tests is displayed in the "Results of tests"
This page is also available for…