- Control in a dynamic or static page
- Remark: Localization of the SilverLight 2 animation
- Displaying a page containing a SilverLight control
- Special case: Development computer or Vista server (or later) in IIS7 with the UAC enabled:
Control in a dynamic or static page
The SilverLight control is used to display a SilverLight 2 animation in a WEBDEV page.
SilverLight is no longer supported by browsers since 10/12/2021.
To create a SilverLight control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Integration" group, expand "Plug-in" and click "Silverlight control".
- Click where you want to create the control in the page. The control appears in the editor.
- In the control description, associate the animation (".xap" file) with the SilverLight control.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Remark: Localization of the SilverLight 2 animation
The SilverLight 2 animation should be found in the image directory (<Project_Name>_WEB directory). The dependency files of the animation (images, text files, ...) must also be copied into the <Project_Name>_WEB directory.
Displaying a page containing a SilverLight control
To display a SilverLight control, the Microsoft framework must be installed on the computer. If this framework is not installed on the computer of the Web user, a window proposes to download and install "Microsoft Silverlight". After the setup, all you have to do is refresh the page in order to display it properly.
Special case: Development computer or Vista server (or later) in IIS7 with the UAC enabled:
- If the computer is running Windows Vista (or later), the setup of "Microsoft Silverlight" must be performed as administrator.
- In some cases, a modification must be performed in IIS 7 in order for the ".xap" file to be interpreted on the server or on the development computers (during the tests). The corresponding MIME type must be added.
- Open the Microsoft Internet service manager ("Start .. Run .. Inetmgr.exe" from the Windows desktop).
- Double-click "MIME type".
- Select "Add".
- the extension of the file: ".xap".
- the MIME type: "application/x-silverlight-app"