- Type of the action: the available actions
- Preset actions
- Specific actions
- Action destination
- Ability to handle the content of the controls
Menu option: operation performed and action
An option of a drop-down or context menu in a page can be associated with an action. This action has several characteristics:
Type of the action: the available actions
Several preset actions are proposed by default in a drop-down list box. These preset actions depend on the elements in the page or project.
For example, you can choose to:
- Execute server and browser codes.
- Run browser click code only
- Display a site page. In this case, you will need to select the desired page and indicate the expected parameters, if necessary;
- Display a page from another site. In this case, you must specify:
- The security options,
- The URL of the page to be displayed.
- Display a custom link. In this case, you will have to enter the different elements of the address (email, FTP, phone, etc.).
Caution: The actions are performed after the click code of the menu option (browser code and server code).
The "Type" list also includes a "More options" link. This option allows you to add different options to the types of actions available. You can:
- do an action on another control,
- position on an anchor,
- share on a social network,
- change current language,
- send control values to a page or script.
Remark: All these operations can also be performed in the code.
If no destination is chosen for the action, the action is performed in the default destination defined for the current page.
The possible targets of an action performed by a menu option are:
|New browser (_blank):|
Displays the result in a new browser window.
|Current frame (_self):|
Displays the result in the same frame.
|Parent frame (_parent):|
Displays the result in the parent frame (case of nested framesets).
|Current browser (_top):|
Displays the result in the current page of the browser (without frames).
|Other frames of the frameset (if the page belongs to a frameset):|
Displays the result in a specific frame.
Ability to handle the content of the controls
Depending on the selected action, you need to specify whether or not the content of the controls should be sent to the server.
By default, no action is associated with the menu option, but you can :
- Send values to the server (submit). This operation is required if the menu option is used to switch into SSL mode via SSLActive.
- Delete content of the controls in the browser (reset). This option, kept for compatibility, allows you to reset the controls of the page.